Terms and Conditionsacsauhaya2023-01-27T14:26:32+01:00
Acsauhaya Terms & Conditions
This agreement is between Acsauhaya (the Organizer) and You (the Participant). It is also available as a downloadable PDF
By booking a retreat at Acsauhaya you agree to the following:
- The Participant agrees to take part in ayahuasca ceremonies with the Organizer, is aware that ayahuasca is a psychoactive substance and is clear on the meaning of this.
- The Organizer will do their utmost to ensure the safety and comfort of the Participant, within the context of the retreat (offering support during the retreat as well as supportive tools for preparation and integration).
- The Participant, in turn, agrees to approach the retreat with a cautious, considerate and respectful attitude towards themselves as well as to others. Disruptive behavior or overt negativity subverts the experience of others.
- The Organizer is not liable for the injury of any Participant that may occur during or after the retreat. By participating in Organizer’s retreat, and accepting these Terms & Conditions, the Participant expresses full understanding of and responsibility for the risks that may encounter during a retreat and are described in the Retreat Agreement. The Participant indemnifies the Organizer, its owners, and employees from all responsibility.
- The Participant declares that they are in an appropriate physical and mental condition for the activities described in the Retreat Agreement, agrees to participate at their own risk.
- Prior to entering into this Agreement, the Participant agrees to:
- obtain medical advice from their medical professional as to the effect of the substance that will be ingested, especially in case of any particularities in their medical situation and with regards to the combination with any medication they might be taking.
- disclose, in writing, any relevant personal information about their current health situation to the Organizer, by answering all questions in the Organizer’s medical questionnaire honestly and thoroughly.
- notify the Organizer of any change in their medical situation and understands that withholding medical information could be dangerous to their health or could lead to the Organizer expelling them from participation in the ceremony.
- consult their medical professional before abruptly discontinuing the usage of prescribed medications (for example in case of a chronic illness). The organizer is not responsible for a personal decision to stop taking medication or change their medication schedule, and accepts no liability for any adverse effects from withdrawal from any medication.
- The Participant confirms that they have not been diagnosed with any psychotic disorder, including schizophrenia, schizophreniform, schizoaffective, delusional, or bi-polar disorder.
- The Participant commits to adhere to the dietary guidelines and required abstinence of certain substances as laid out by the Organizer, of which the most fundamental restrictions are street drugs (amphetamines, cocaine, ecstasy, LSD, marijuana), medication, (red) meat and tyramine rich products.
- The Organizer reserves the right to:
- expel any individual who is:
- not following the guidelines that have been laid out by the Organizer, or
- disrupting the group, staff, and/or shamans or acting in an excessively negative manner
- physically restrain the Participant and/or expel them from the retreat in case the Participant’s behavior presents a threat to the safety of themselves or others. If needed, such restraint will be conducted as gently as possible and with respect for the dignity of the Participant.
In all such cases, the Organizer does not bear the responsibility for a refund, nor for providing accommodation outside of the retreat center.
- The Organizer may require the Participant to take a drug or breathalyzer test prior to or during the retreat. If the Participant refuses to comply with the test, the Organizer reserves the right to deny them entry to the retreat or to expel them from the workshop immediately without the responsibility for a refund, or for providing accommodation outside of the retreat center.
- In the case of a medical emergency during a retreat, such as an intestinal infection, broken or damaged bones, etc., the Participant will be accompanied by an Organizer’s representative to a medical facility for treatment.
- The retreat should be paid in full upon booking to guarantee a reservation. The Participant can choose to use PayPal as a payment provider or make a bank transfer. In the case of a bank transfer, the reservation will not become final until the Participant has sent a proof of payment to the Organizer.
- In case of cancellation by the Participant:
- up to 6 weeks prior to the retreat, the Participant can apply for a full refund. In the case of a refunds a EUR 75,- administration fee will be deducted.
- Between 6 to 2 weeks prior to the retreat, Organizer offers the possibility to reschedule to a different date, in which case a EUR 75,- administration fee will be charged. In case of full cancellation, payments will not be refundable.
- Within 2 weeks prior to the retreat, payments will not be refundable and no rescheduling can be accepted, as it is impossible for the Organizer to fill the spot in such short notice. We recommend buying a travel cancellation insurance, just in case you are spontaneously not able to join your retreat.
- Refunds will be offered via the form of payment that the Participant had chosen upon booking.
- Should a Participant decide to leave during the retreat, the Organizer is not responsible for the reimbursement of any funds.